Who we are
In 1993 SPACELINK SURVEYORS was established to provide high-quality professional and personal service for all land surveying work in Auckland. We are centrally located in Mt Albert.
The director, DAVID CRERAR [B.Surv.DipHort.NCH.MNZIS, Licensed Cadastral Surveyor] has been a Registered Professional Surveyor ( R.P.Surv) since 1991.
He has a Bachelor of Surveying from Otago University. This is a 4 year specialised degree plus a minimum of 2 years post graduate work and exams before the Survey Board of NZ (To gain R.P.Surv status)
Only surveyors with the R.P.Surv can design, supervise and sign off public drainage engineering works by Auckland Council.
We also have to complete continuing education to keep up to date with all aspects of surveying and land development.
SPACELINK SURVEYORS LTD continually strive to provide great professional service to our clients and uphold a high level of integrity that also is required under R.P.Surv.
We numerous returning clients, speaking testament to our quality of work and great service.
Dealing with Auckland Council with a subdivision application can be difficile, but we have the experience and professional know-how to complete this process as efficiently and as effectively as possible.
It is important that all aspects in regard to the subdivision application are of a high standard.
Inferior work from cheaper firms will always take longer to process through council and cost you more in the long run.
Job dependent, majority of our work is conducted from start to finish. We are readily involved in every aspect of the process.
• The director, DAVID CRERAR [B.Surv.DipHort.NCH.MNZIS, Licensed Cadastral Surveyor] has been a Registered Surveyor since 1991. He has a Bachelor of Surveying from Otago University. He also holds Horticultural Qualifications (Dip Horticulture) and National Certificate in Horticulture.
• David came to Auckland in 1989 and worked initially for 2 survey / engineering firms before starting his own business.
• He has a passion for quality work with integrity.
• David ‘s Dad was a senior Surveyor Draughtsman in Napier ( Lands and Survey)
• Joe (Cho Lap) Tang has been with our company since 2005 working as a Survey Technician/Draftsman. Joe trained and worked in Hong Kong in the 1970s through to 1999 where he co-owned a surveying company for 20 years. Joe speaks and writes both in Cantonese and English.
• Joe does all our fieldwork, from topo site surveys, to full Land Transfer Surveys and pegging boundaries. Joe uses AutoCad to draw up the plans.
• Joe’s experience makes him extremely reliable and conscientious.
• “Rosco” is our field assistant.
• He is very reliable, and enjoys working outdoors, and in whatever capacity is required of him within the survey firm.
• Roger came to New Zealand in 2000 after living in the Solomon Islands and Samoa. He has studied surveying at Unitec Institute of Technology (NDS) as well as at the University of Otago (BSurv).
• Studying at different education institutes has allowed Roger to acquire a unique set of skills that combines both the technical and professional aspect of a surveyor.
• He maintains a positive work attitude at all times and aims to carry out and complete work to a high standard.
“Dear David, Thanks for giving me an opportunity to write a testimonial statement and confirm that I have not hesitation in recommending David Crerar as being trustworthy, perfect in the job as a surveyor, reliable and always punctual and meeting the dead lines. We strongly recommend assigning him to such type of jobs.”
“Thank you for the quick response for the job done. Thanks and regards”
“Thank you very much for this, David. Thrilled to have the site surveyed completely and properly. Seemed a good idea to get you to do, while on site, the bit under the house as well -- pleased you used your initiative and went ahead. “
David believes that business is not only a vehicle for providing good service to the local community, and generating income for the staff and their families, but it is a vehicle to generate money to help the worst victims of global habitation, those being those who die of hunger each day.David is a Board member for The Hunger Project NZ. This is an organization that helps people to help themselves to end their own hunger.
The more you support us also, the more we contribute in funds to The Hunger Project, as we have done for many years to support programs for self-reliance (“people helping people end their own hunger”). Refer to www.thp.org